Choose Language
China United States United Kingdom South Korea India Pakistan Indonesia Vietnam Canada Japan Argentina France Australia Singapore Egypt

B2B Marketplace | Sign In | Join Free

What is Shipper’s Export Declaration?

Shipping and exporting documents including Shipper’s Export Declaration commercial invoice, packing list, inspection certification, airway bill, etc.

What is Shipper’s Export Declaration?

Postby qszheng_forum » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:13 pm

The Shipper’s Export Declaration or SED is the most common of all export documents. It can be electronically filed using the AESDirect online system. The Shipper's Export Declaration (SED or Form 7525-V) is used by the U.S. Census Bureau to compile trade statistics and to help prevent illegal exports.

Do I Need to Submit an SED for My Shipment?

The following facts can be used to determine whether or not the SED is needed for shipment:

The SED must be filled out for any shipment valued at $2,500 or above (If the shipment is valued at over $2,500 but is made up of various commodities falling under several Schedule B numbers none of which is valued at $2,500 or higher, no SED is required.)

The SED is required for any shipment to particular countries, such as Cuba, Libya, and North Korea, and for any shipment requiring a validated export license [call the Trade Information Center 800-USA-TRAD(E) for more information].

An SED is required for shipments to Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the former Pacific Trust Territories even though they are not considered exports (unless each Schedule B item is under $2,500).

Shipments to Canada do not require an SED. (Shipments to third countries passing through Canada do need an SED.)

I need a SED. How do I fill it out?

Once determined that a SED is required, exporters should be aware of the following when completing the form:

Schedule B numbers or HTS numbers (item 22 on the SED) - HTS numbers are available at on the Census website or by calling the Census Bureau at 301-763-3047.

Validated License No./General License Symbol (item 27) - First determine whether or not a license is needed, contact the Bureau of Industry and Security (202-482-4811). In most cases, an export license will not be required, but it is the legal obligation of the exporter to seek an official determination. The Bureau of Industry and Security web site has more information or you can contact your local Export Assistance Center. If the determination has been made that the specific product going to the specified end user does not require a validated export license, then enter NLR (No License Required) in block 21.

ECCN—Export Control Classification Number (item 28) Exporters are required to enter an ECCN on the SED if the product requires a validated license. For products that you do not have this requirement—as determined by the Bureau of Industry and Security—enter EAR 99..
Site Admin
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 am

Return to Common Export Documents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest