Choose Language
China United States United Kingdom South Korea India Pakistan Indonesia Vietnam Canada Japan Argentina France Australia Singapore Egypt

B2B Marketplace | Sign In | Join Free

Argentina Import Regs.: Used Capital Goods

Discussions of certification and testing standards for vertical industrial products, import regulations, temporary Entry, tariffs, prohibited and restricted imports to Argentina.

Argentina Import Regs.: Used Capital Goods

Postby qszheng_forum » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 pm

On September 18, 2007, the GOA published Resolution#166/2007 MEP requiring a Certificate of Importation that must indicate for each specific imported item that it does not exceed 10 years of age (Annexes I and II enumerate the goods covered -- by specific HS Chapters 84 and 86 categories). Additional requirements, concerning information (on proposed used goods imports) to be provided by the importer to the authorities, are included in Resolution SICPME 220/2007 of November 19, 2007.

Resolution 76/2006 formally issued on February 24, 2006 extends for additional year (ending December 31, 2006) the right to import used productive capital goods (selected goods upon review of request) at a tariff rate of 6% upon formal application to the Ministry of Economy. This application will be reviewed by the relevant agencies in order to obtain final approval of said request. This Resolution extends the applicability of Resolution #511/00ME.

Resolución 142/07 Mep published in the Offical Bulletin of March 19, 2007 (amended by Resolution #257/2007 of October 10, 2007) allows for the importation of used capital goods as part of modernization investment with a specific request, provided the equipment meets certain criteria specified in this Resolution. This Resolution published in the Official Bulletin 31118 of March 19, 2007.

Resolucion 255/03ME continues the benefits of the special import regime established for industry under Resolucion 511/00ME (MEOSP RES 544/95 and other modifications) that allows under defined conditions (i.e., applicable quality standards) the importation of used production equipment. Resolucion 255 modifies the conditions established in the 2000 ME. The most recent extention and modification of 511/00ME was made by SICMPE Resolution 66/2004 issued in March 2004. Exceptions are negotiated on a company by company basis with the GOA's Ministries of Production and Economy, and such exemptions are usually associated with a new investment or an export activity.

As a general rule, imports of used capital goods must be refurbished in the country of origin or the country of export. The machinery must have been overhauled (repaired/remanufactured) and this condition must be certified by a "technical organization" in the country of origin. The used goods must be accompanied by a certificate issued by the original manufacturer or an original appraisal certificate issued by a technical appraisal service, authenticated by the commercial service of the Argentine Embassy or the Argentine Consulate in the export country. Used good may be refurbished in Argentina by the importer, who must be the end user of the used goods. In this case, the importer is subject to proof-of-use regulations for a period of two years, during which time donation or sale of the goods is prohibited. These proof-of-use regulations also apply to goods refurbished abroad and imported by the end user.

Used goods may be refurbished in Argentina by the importer, who must be the end user of the used goods. In this case, the importer is subject to proof of use regulations for a period of two years, during which time donation or sale of the goods is prohibited. This regulation is subject to a consular fee of 2 percent. These proof of use regulations also apply to goods refurbished abroad and imported by the end user.

Used Computers

Used and refurbished computer hardware, parts, accessories (including toner cartridges) are permitted to be imported into the country. The documentation required is much the same as for other import/export transactions. Some additional documents include PCS certificate of Electric security (UL) (For CPU and Monitor) and for keyboards, certificate of refurbishing by original manufacturer and a contract with an official representative in country to guarantee after-sale services.

Importation of used automobiles, clothing, tires, boats and other products are prohibited. Used tires and worn clothing are also prohibited until June 30, 2000. Products imported as donations to the State Government (National, Provincial or Municipal) or Religious Institutions are exempted from this prohibition. Proprietorship, possession or use of these products is not transferable and can not be sold for 5 years.
qszheng_forum
Site Admin

Return to Argentina