Choose Language
China United States United Kingdom South Korea India Pakistan Indonesia Vietnam Canada Japan Argentina France Australia Singapore Egypt

B2B Marketplace | Sign In | Join Free

Canada Travel: Passports & Visas

Information on temporary entry and travel to Canada. Also includes taxes and standards guides.

Canada Travel: Passports & Visas

Postby bridgat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Passports & Visas

As of January 23, 2007 under the Western Hemisphere travel Initiative (WHIT) all visitors, both US and Non-US citizens, flying between the U.S. and Canada will be required to present a valid passport. This requirement will be extended to the land border in 2008.

*Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is essential. An up-to-date U.S. passport, birth certificate (not a copy) or United States resident alien card are all acceptable. The resident alien card only applies to citizens of Mexico and Canada.

*To assist officers in expediting border-crossing, and particularly re-entry into U.S., native-born U.S. citizens should carry some identification papers showing their citizenship, such as a birth or baptismal certificate.

*Visas are not required for U.S. citizens to visit Canada for up to 180 days.

*Legal permanent residents of U.S. who are not U.S. citizens are advised to carry their Alien Registration Card (I-551).

*Due to international concern over child abduction, single parents, grandparents or guardians traveling with children often need proof of custody or notarized letters from the other parent authorizing travel.

*Anyone under age 18 and traveling alone should carry a letter from his/her parent or guardian authorizing the trip.
Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests