Choose Language
China United States United Kingdom South Korea India Pakistan Indonesia Vietnam Canada Japan Argentina France Australia Singapore Egypt

B2B Marketplace | Sign In | Join Free


Morocco Tariff Rates and Import Taxes

Forum on Morocco's import and export documentation, tariff rates and import taxes, Free Trade Agreement, etc.

Morocco Tariff Rates and Import Taxes

Postby bridgat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:27 am

Tariff Rates and Import Taxes:

Moroccan tariff schedule is on the internet at http://www.douane.gov.ma./
is good, although it is in French.
When the FTA is ratified over 95 percent of bilateral U.S. consumer and industrial exports will be able to immediately enter Morocco duty-free. Over the next nine years, the tariff rate will decrease gradually for the remaining 5 percent of products according to the prearranged tariff schedule. Products gaining immediate duty-free access include information technology, machinery, chemicals and construction equipment. Furthermore, the FTA tariff schedule was created using a negative list format meaning that unless stated as not being privy to tariff reductions products will enjoy all of the rights granted to American products in the FTA. Furthermore, textiles are privy to this same right as long as the fabric and yarn meet the rules of origin requirements. Over a fifteen-year period
American agricultural products including wheat, poultry and beef will also gain duty-free status. Until ratification however the tariff structure will remain the same. The following information must be taken into account if planning on exporting to Morocco before the FTA goes into effect.

Import duties are generally high and considered as the main obstacle to greater imports. However, if the import is an unfinished product requiring further processing or construction in Morocco, duties are reduced accordingly. Import duties vary from 2.5% to 35% for many raw materials and equipment. Imports are also subject to a Value Added Tax (VAT), varying from 0 to 20%. VAT is not always paid on locally produced goods
(e.g., corn) or on some vehicles used for international transportation (e.g., moving vans). With import duties on food sometimes being as high as 329% for frozen lamb, food products are subject to an average 80% cumulated import taxes and duties, which makes the price of consumer oriented food products prohibitive for the average Moroccan consumer.
bridgat
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am

Re: Morocco Tariff Rates and Import Taxes

Postby qszheng_forum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:29 am

TAX: There is a value added tax that varies between 0 and 20 percent, depending on the product, applied on CIF + duty.
qszheng_forum
Site Admin
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:54 am


Return to Morocco

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron